Sunday, August 23, 2009

Lauren, the "Would-Be" Mermaid


It's not often that you get to capture your kids right in the moment of playing make-believe without them realizing that you're recording them. Usually, my camera isn't handy and the moment is gone by the time I get it out, OR they see me with the camera and suddenly pose and perform in the cheesy way that they will surely regret when they see it as teenagers. (Trust me, I have proof of that anytime I see any recording of me from long ago...it's lame.) So I was super excited that my little digital camera (which has the ability to act as a video camera) was able to capture the girls while they were swimming. Now, I don't know how to post that. I'm too new at this to do video...but I will post a picture and share the dialog that tickled me pink. (And keep in mind that I am a huge Harry Potter nerd and have passed the love of HP down to my girls, which makes this even more funny if know about HP yourself...) :


Lauren: "Natalie, let's pretend that we're each an animagus."

Natalie: "Okay." (shocker, that Natalie will go along with anything that Lauren says)

Lauren: "What animal do you want to turn into? I want to turn into a mermaid."

Natalie: "Ummmm. I think I want to be..."

Lauren: "Wait! I don't think a mermaid can be an animagus, because it's not an animal."

Natalie: "Hmmm. Maybe I'll be a..."

Lauren: "Oh! If only a mermaid could be an animagus! Because that's what I really want to be!...Well, maybe we could just pretend to be mermaids then."

Natalie: "Okay."
(end scene)

Darn those strict rules of make-believe!

2 comments:

  1. Hahahahaha! Love it! From one HP nerd to another, those girls ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I love it! Welcome to the land of blog!

    ReplyDelete