
Ryan and I have been married for 13 years. Up until last month, we have NEVER had our pictures taken professionally, since our wedding day. I love pictures. I love to look at pictures in magazines, books, people's websites, photo albums - you name it. So why avoid an annual photo shoot ourselves? I can think of a few reasons...First, I'm not an Olan Mills kind of girl. I think I took Lauren once when she was a baby, and they just weren't my style. But I didn't know how to explain what I wanted. I wanted something more than a simple picture taken outdoors... Second, I've never considered myself photogenic. I'm embarrassed to admit that some of my most fervent prayers in my life occured within the month before my wedding day asking for decent pictures. I'm not kidding. That's how much I dread a picture of me. I've learned as an adult that I regretfully have to appear in some. My girls have to know that I was indeed at Disneyland with them, and pictures can prove this when they're old and gray and want to remember their cool mother. And sometimes even a great get-together with girlfriends just has to be documented, so I will oblige and smile for the camera. But chances are good that I won't like the photo. It's like household chores. You just have to do it but won't ever love it. Third - I just had a baby and want to lose the weight first. Oh wait...she turns seven next month.
I have to admit that I was extremely excited when I heard that Ally Randle was coming back to town and would do a few photo shoots. She claims that she started photography exactly a year ago - but I think she's lying. This girl is good. She had to have been some "Top-Secret" mystery photographer for a fashion magazine that she can't discuss...because this girl takes pictures like a long-time pro. So I couldn't resist booking her. Honestly, it's a treat to plan this event for me. I stressed for over a month on a daily (okay, maybe even hourly) basis to plan our outfits. Lame? Maybe. But this was serious business. Remember - 13 years, and no photos to show for it.
Last night she graced me with a teaser...One solitary photo for my dehydrated home desperately thirsty for more. So here it is. Just me and Ryan. I love it! It's exactly the type of photo that makes me know I will book with Ally forever. If you ever go on http://www.allysonrandlephotography.com/ you will see that I am not alone in loving her pictures. I can't wait to see the rest! Just another week or so until I get to see them, and then I can finally move on to more important things in my life that need attention. Like planning out a winter photo shoot....
Love it girl! I can't wait to see the rest!
ReplyDeleteHELLO SHARON! Wow you guys look AMAZING!
ReplyDeleteDoes she live around here or was she only here for a little while? I want pictures!!!
Seriously Sharon you are HOT!
LOVE that picture!!! :)
ReplyDeleteSo, I feel like I should start paying you more than what I am. :)
ReplyDeleteOkay, so you know what I say...you can't make ugly people pretty! So THERE. It's all you and a few percentage points me!
Thanks for all the amazing support, comments, funny texts, and so on. You make me feel like I'm a better photographer than I am..and that's what friendship is all about right?
Ok you are H.O.T. dang....I love the pics and of course you picked the PERFECT photographer. Like I said she's gotta be good to make Brad want to do a family Pic of us! I can't wait to see the rest!
ReplyDelete